Saturday 6 December 2014

GLOW WORMS



Being an ardent nature lover, I was fascinated to observe the shining ‘Glow-worms’ (soft bodied beetle of the genus Lamphyrus found in hilly terrains like Muttuchira, where my mother’s parental house is located. They used to move through the shrubs at night. Part of its abdomen emits light. I thought of bringing glow-worm’s presence felt at Kumbalam as well.  So I used to collect them from Muttuchira and keep them in a match box to bring it to Kumbalam. I used to set them free in my bed room so that I could watch them whenever I wake up at night. Their blinking light in the darkness delighted me immensely. My younger brothers and sisters also loved to watch their flickering light. I must admit that my aging in years has not in the least decreased my interest in these wonders of the Creator.

Excerpts from

MEMOIRS

An autobiography
by
Joseph J. Thayamkeril
Lawyer, Kochi, Kerala, India.
josephjthayamkeril.blogspot.com
josephjthayamkeril@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment