Saturday 20 September 2014

FOREWORD


JUSTICE K.S. PARIPOORNAN
FORMER JUDGE,
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA



Ammankoil Road,
Ernakulam,
Kochi- 682035.
Ph: 0484- 2352489


8th August, 2011





Mr. Joseph J. Thayamkeril was my junior for some time before I was elevated to the bench. He is a simple, unostentatious, industrious and shrewd lawyer. He is always frank in his expression. I had occasion to go through his autobiography written in simple English and outspoken in his views.  It is very few who can remember the past with exactitude or record the events with clarity. It is really a tough job. Mr. Thayamkeril has done it well.  I had occasion to go through autobiographies of eminent judges and lawyers in England and also of the eminent persons in India.  Such autobiographies are able to put the reader on notice of events that may take place in life. Mr. Thayamkeril hailing from a semi town has graphically recorded his childhood days, environments and other events in simple style which every reader will be able to read with absorbing interest. I was myself surprised to note many events in the autobiography recorded with charm, which bring you cheer. Any person reading the autobiography will be profited with rare events and phenomena of life.  I recommend this book to the reading public with the confidence that it will render them richer after a detailed study. I wish and pray that the attempt of Mr. Thayamkeril meet with success and the author will feel satisfied by his humble and true endeavour. I wish the venture all good speed and success.


 JUSTICE K.S. PARIPOORNAN

No comments:

Post a Comment